Health and Safety Policy
Edmont believes that a pro-active health and safety culture is an important element of our success. It is fundamental to the well-being of those we employ, whether directly or indirectly, as well as visitors and members of the public. Our mission is:
‘Commensurate with a successful business operation, all employees, and those affected by, or involved with our work activities will receive a safe, healthy and supportive working environment which aims to ensure they remain free from injury or ill health.’
Our health and safety policy ensures that we comply to all relevant legislation and seek to continuously improve our performance. Our aim is to ensure that:
- Health and safety is effectively controlled by making sure our employees and contractors understand their responsibilities.
- The competence of employees by assessing the skills, knowledge and experience (SKE) needed to carry out tasks from a health and safety perspective, and providing adequate instruction and training.
- Encouraging the co-operation and consultation of employees through their participation in shaping health and safety policies and procedures and undertaking specific health and safety roles.
- Clear, understandable and visible-to-all communication in relation to health & safety.
- Co-ordination of health and safety arrangements and working practices across the company for consistency and maximum effectiveness.
- Continuous monitoring to identify areas for improvement or non-compliance so that appropriate action can be taken.